Friday, April 18, 2014

South Cotabato: The Seven Falls of Lake Sebu


I’m so lucky to have a work that requires me to travel a lot. This time, I went to General Santos City. When you heard the name General Santos City or Gensan for short, of course Manny Pacquiao first comes to your mind. This is his hometown! Gensan is also the “Tuna Capital of the Philippines.” So when you’re at the city, you cannot miss out to eat tuna especially the tuna belly and tuna panga. So Yummy!

But what I was really looking forward was to go to Lake Sebu. It is located in Surallah, South Cotabato. From Gensan, it is approximately 2 and ½ hours travel using a private vehicle. In Surallah, you will be greeted by these nice landscapes.


After 30 mins drive from Surallah proper, we arrived at Lake Sebu. There’s an entrance fee of 20 pesos for adults.


From the entrance, you have to trek down to see the falls.
This is the first falls or the Hikong Alu, which means "Passage" in T'boli. 


The second falls or the Hikong Bente, whicn means "Immeasurable" in T'boli. 


The highlight of our Lake Sebu trip is their zipline. It is dubbed as the  “Asia’s Highest Zipline". At first, I was really scared because of the height. It's too high, like mountain to moutain zipline. What I love about the zipline here is the scenery. You will see the waterfalls from below. It was awesome. I wasn't able to take picture of the waterfalls but it's so beautiful. 

We tried the two ziplines, a 700m zipline and a 400m zipline. They said that we must focus on our right to see the falls. And so I chose the right side. Hehe. For the 700m zipline, you will see the waterfalls two, three, four and five. For the 400m zipline, you will see waterfalls three, four and five. 



Overall, my Lake Sebu trip is so much fun and I will definitely comeback to try the zipline again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment