Saturday, July 20, 2013

Singapore Trip: Gardens by the Bay

Last June 29, my friends and I went to Singapore to have a little break from work. Our first abroad! Yey!

Our flight was 6:00am at Diosdado Macapagal International Airport. We arrived at Changi Airport around 9:15am. We were fetched by Ginalyn’s boyfriend, Irving and his bestfriend, Royce.


Ginalyn and I at Changi Airport

Aileen and I at Changi Airport

We ate lunch at Yeo Keng Nam Chicken Rice. The restaurant is famous for their Chicken rice. Inside the restaurant, there were pictures of famous actors and actresses who ate there and tried their chicken rice.


This was our first meal at Singapore.


Chicken Rice




After we ate lunch, we went to Gardens by the Bay. Our ticket is free courtesy of Irving and Royce.
Gardens by the Bay is across Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center.

First stop, Forest Dome.

When we went there, the theme was Flight of Fancy Floral Display.


I’m in love with these flowers.


Aileen and I on tourist mode. 


Group picture. Vanity attacks.



Second stop, Cloud Forest.

A cool breeze will greet you as you enter the Cloud Forest. There, you will see a beautiful waterfalls covered with different plants and flowers. There are a lot of rare orchids too!


 

This is my favorite part of the cloud forest, the Cloud Walk. Though I’m not afraid of heights, still a got a little bit nervous while walking but then, as you slowly walking around, it feels like you’re walking among the clouds. 


I enjoyed my first day in Singapore. Gardens by the Bay just took my breaths away.

No comments:

Post a Comment