Sunday, December 22, 2013

Iligan City: Tinago Falls



2:25 flight to Manila isn’t hindrance for us not to go to Iligan City. My boss wants to go there, so did I. That’s why even with limited time, we travelled to Iligan City.

Iligan City is located in Lanao del Norte, the northern part of Mindanao. It is called the “City of Majestic Waterfalls.” Indeed, it is majestic with Maria Cristina Falls and Tinago Falls as their front liners. There are about 23 waterfalls in Iligan City.


We first went to Tinago Falls. “Tinago” is a Filipino word for “hidden.” As the name implies, Tinago Falls is hidden from the view. You cannot actually see the falls unless you trek down. There were 434 steps called the winding staircase. Trekking down can be difficult especially of you’re not used to it but it’s so worth it. 

 

What truly amazed me was the color of the water. It’s blue! And I just stare at the water for about a minute. I can’t help but to admire it. It’s such a beautiful sight.


 During our visit, we we're the only tourist there, so we took that opportunity to swim and explore Tinago falls. 


There's a bamboo raft that you ride to go near to the falls.


The lagoon is about 65 ft deep according to the tourist guide. So, it's a must to wear life vest. And so we're ready to swim, relax and enjoy the amazing view. I really feel at peace when I'm surrounded by nature.


 Tinago Falls is so serene and it deserves another round on my travel list.



No comments:

Post a Comment